Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sweet moments

Today, we had church and then came home.
D2 fell asleep before we even got on the freeway and stayed asleep as I took him out of the car seat and placed him into bed. 
I got an hour or so of down time until he cried, so I went up to his room to get him up, but he was still laying in bed. I knew this meant he was still tired, but also knew he heard had me come in... there was no turning back now.  
So I picked him up and sat in his rocking chair. He proceeded to curl up on my lap and rest his head on my chest. 
Now at 19 months, moments like these don’t happen too often, and even less when most days I am at work during his nap. Rather than try to put him back in his crib once he feel back asleep, I decided to take him to the couch and we proceeded to curl up on the couch and cuddle. 
He lifted his head and wanted me to turn the TV on but I told him we were going to keep resting and that we could turn the TV on later. He laid his head back down, and we just laid there together. I began to dose off, and the next time I looked at the clock twenty minutes had gone by. 

I soaked up the closeness, as I know this might not happen again for a while. My face was nice and sweaty where I had laid my check against his head. He stirred a bit, and snuggled back in. We laid there for a hour. He was a sleep. I was in and out of sleep. The moments I was awake, I cherished the moment, and thought of days like this that happened more often when he first arrived. 
There’s nothing more precious then snuggling up with your child. 
It warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment